Wednesday, August 26, 2020

WOYWW 586 Flowers and Chocolate



Dear friends, forgive my absence, life keeps on happening!The internet was way more fun when it was optional!

The good news is Suzanne Cannon's Quietfire Design stamps are now available from 
Emerald Creek, and the Design team is still inspiring with almost daily posts on Quietfire Creations, Digital blogs and a host of FB groups.
The bad news is Suzanne has closed her on line shop.
More on that garden in a box card on Quietfire Digital blog today.
BOYC
Stay tuned for a possible garden pop up in the mini stitched album.
The garden is glorious this year. Rain and sun, and lots of attention from at home gardeners.
What I miss most right now is my after school time with kids all over our community. 
We created together, and shared lots of what was on our hearts and minds.
I often showed them projects I was working on as a graphic designer and they were my best critics and nurturers.
I did try doing videos, and it wasn't working for me.
It's hard and not as much fun to edit your own work.The pandemic, fires in California, hurricanes to our south, the upcoming elections, we are all touched by fear, uncertainty, attachments and aversions.
i believe our greatest strength, safety and refuge, is in whatever you believes holds us all, together, and, each other.
Please, love one another, look out for one another, help one another when you can, and ask when you need it.
What ever it is that you do, pray, hold in the light, dance, chant, think warm fuzzy thoughts, paint, plant...
Whatever you do, please do it now, and to make it even stronger, find someone- in this life, in this group, and do it together.
I appreciate each and everyone of you.
Thanks for visiting, and I hope to do more of the same!
Comments and Questions Welcomed!

19 comments:

Helen said...

Good to see you again and your desk - loving the flowers! have a good week Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

Good to see you again Robyn. Love the flower pop up box card. Hope things settle down a little soon and we can slowly start to return to normality. Schools are back for us next week. Stay safe and happy WOYWW Sarah #4

Julia Dunnit said...

Great to see you Robyn! I know there is always a good reason, but a shame about Suzanne’s online shop. I wonder if she could establish a distributor in the UK. Mind you, that would need a trade show for meeting and greeting and that isn’t going to happen any time soon. Strange times. Like you, I’ve enjoyed my garden this year, and am thankful for the space, as small as it is, its just right for us! Very fitting then that you should show us your garden in a box, its a fab card. My word you are patient!

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely flowers on your desk - and I like the garden in a box and word book...
Happy WOYWW! Stay safe and keep well. Susan #9

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That little garden box is gorgeous - you must be so patient to make it! It's lovely to see you back on the desks, I think we've all coped with these crazy times in different ways. I do think it's helped pull some communities together.
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

My name is Cindy said...

Good to see you. love the pop up card. Lovely post, yes we are all just carrying on carrying on - for me that is gardening, crafting and my family. It's hard to see more than a few steps ahead at the moment. Hope things get better for us all very soon. Have a good week, stay well, stay safe, Cindy #14

Diana Taylor said...

Nice to see you again. I love the little floral pop up box - it's so sweet.
Hope you have a good week,
Diana x #15

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Robyn, loving the book, what a fab idea. 2020 does seem to have been a very trying year, but hopefully for many it has sorted the important from the dross in life.Look forward to seeing the finished garden book. Wow, just noticed a 'rolling ruler' on your desk- I have/had one of those somewhere, not seen them for a long time. Stay safe, have a lovely week, hugs, Shaz #3 X.

Marit said...

Hello there Robyn, nice you 'tuned in' and nice to see your desk. It's indeed strange times, USA is all over the tv here in the Netherlands with everything that's happening overthere in your part of the world. Please stay optimistic and stay safe! Happy woyww dear, big hug from Holland. Marit #18

Sue said...

I'd love a rummage on your table. It looks like there's some great talent going on there. Cyber hugs, Sue. #17 xx

Karen said...

Terrific reminder to be kind and to love ~ Your flowers are wonderful, the real ones and the paper ones in a box. Blessings on the rest of your week.

Caro said...

Love the flower pop up card, so clever and pretty. Prayer is my go to and I regularly pray for WOYWW friends and things that turn up in the news. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love and God Bless, Caro xx (#11)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi, great to see you back. Lovely pop up card. Wishing you a very happy week and a creative woyww, Angela x13x

okienurse said...

flowers and chocolates seem like a good start to me. I like the pop up card and start to the mini book...look forward to seeing it! the weather etc in addition to this virus is a mess for sure. Have a great week. Vickie #30

StampinCarol said...

A Garden in a Box sounds wonderful! Love the die cuts on your desk!
And welcome back!
Carol N #23

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. A fantastic creative desk. On the farm here we continue to live an isolated life. A lot of people seem to be out and about, shopping, eating in restaurants etc. We are feeling more comfortable keeping away from it all. Ali x. #30

Crafting With Jack said...

Happy WOYWW, a very interesting desk with all my favourites, flowers, chocolates and. Raft x Angela #29

Elizabeth said...

Hi Robyn, this is my second attempt to leave you a comment. Goodness knows what happened to the first! The pop up card is lovely - the flowers are so pretty. The best thing I can say about my garden this year is that it's lush - as you say, all that rain and sun with zero attention being the cause. Hoping that we are now moving on to better times for all of us. Hugs, Elizabeth x #21

Shoshi said...

Very interesting projects on your desk, Robyn - the garden in a box is charming! Nice flowers, too.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #8