Monday, November 7, 2011

Gee, It's good to be Back Home Again

I've been on the road, in the air and living out of a suitcase. Yes, I drew everyday and had some knitting and embroidery... and... there is nothing like getting inky in your own studio, even if you haven't unpacked yet from the fiber fest in October!
Shout out to Yogi for filling in with my Created Byhand Tuesday Challenge duties.
This weeks theme is Postal/ Faux Stamps.
I went all out and bought new dies, and I used the Spellbinders Postage Stamps to shape this card. I'm sorry to say I've been a bit disappointed in my newest Spellbinders dies. This looks more to me like a cog than a stamp. The quote a Quietfire oldey and goody-and the faux postmark is Kaspareks. I love her fiber themed stamps and I wish they came unmounted.
Lots of Distress -did you get the new holiday colors yet?
If you need more info leave me a comment.
I sent lots of postcards while I was gone, and got some to send now that I am back.
Thanks for your comments, posting in the Challenge and all who take the time to send me letters and cards.

Home might just be where the card is!
To read what is on my heart, please visit Still  Waters Refuge

2 comments:

Yogi said...

very nice. I gather you have that die set. Love that orchid stamp

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic idea and wonderful card.