Monday, December 12, 2011

Following a Star

I think up these themes. Most of the time I am trying to find themes that will highlight the newest Quietfire rubber and get everyone's creativity flowing.
This weeks theme is Light/Star Die Cuts. I finished the card and t here was not a star in sight, or much light.
So I added the stars.
The background is a party napkin I adhered to the cardstock by ironing a piece of plastic wrap between them. Best way I know to glue tissue.

This first photo I like the shadow effect and you can't see the glitter.

Second photo, more glitter, less shadow.

The rubber quote and the holly on the stars is thermal embossed and inked over with the winter seasonal distress.
For dimension I cut out pieces of thin foam and use them as dimensional   adhesive (with the glue of choice) . I mostly use white glue. I"m going to get a bumper sticker that says, "honk if you like wet glue" or maybe "Stick together if you like wet glue".
Lots of stardust pens and the flower centers are Liquid Pearls buttercup.

Some times you follow a star and
sometimes you follow the rules.
Thanks for comments and posting your own entries.

3 comments:

Yogi said...

lovely!!. Nice way to add the stars big grin. "I needed them - so I put them on". ROFL. It sounds about what I do many times...

I usually glue stick my cardstock and then just drop the napkin onto it. Then press down to adhere.

Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card!!

Lisa :) said...

very pretty!!!