Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Desert Island

If you were stranded on a Desert Island and you could only have one stamp, what would it be?
Mine would be the Flourished Heart by Quietfire Design.

Christine over at  Scraptime, got me hooked on postcards.
Spring and Summer Distress have been alluding me, and this is my last effort to use them as collections. Time to just think of them as colors.

Compare and contrast....
At left is the first card dabbed and swiped through Lemonade, raspberry and ocean on the craft sheet and spritzed and dried in layers.
(fav new craft tool-$4.00 iron- no holes -from the thrift shop- dry and flatten in one step)

Clear stamps-love the gift- I'm sticking with rubber -random quotes, and then I got excited stamping with white, gold and silver acrylic paint. It added texture and dimention.


Right is the second card used to mop of the ink left on the
craft sheet.

Brights and lights.

What's missing?
I added some heart flourishes (mini images) and I'm good to go.

Huge shout out to t!m and Mario(s) for all they do for the craft community and my recent prizes from the blog.
If your are new to t!m you are in for a treat, and please tell him I sent you! I'm trying to lure him to Asheville for some classes.

Labyrinth stamp- carved by me! and shout out to Carol BFF, labyrinth queen, yarn bomber and tai chi playmate- also hoping to road trip her down here-for lots of reasons!

Comments and questions always welcome.

to read what is on my heart, please visit Still Waters Refuge

No comments: