Sunday, April 25, 2010

I've Been working

My calendar says the 28th is Workers Memorial Day, so the theme of this weeks Created Byhand Tuesday Challenge is I've been working. This card is to honor all the friends I have made through work and play- some on earth and some above.
Check out the challenge blog for links to Quietfire supplies.
I stamped and embossed the message, then sprayed my craft sheet with pearl-ex mixed with water and gum arabic.Press the card into the mist and dry with the heat gun. I wrote the words with the Sakura pen that outlines and stamped the flowers with markers misted with a bit of water. There is a flourish stamp on there too, in gold that doesn't show up well on the scan.
Friends will get you through times of no work better than work will get you through times of no friends.
I was really proud of my self. I managed to get through Obama visiting Montreat and got the next weeks challenge and sampler done in under an hour! I think I now know how to do one thing in PSE8!

1 comment:

Yogi said...

very nice. I love that quote.
PS you gotta put just your blog in your email address link. It's linking to a post instead.