Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bansky


"The people who run our cities don't understand graffiti because they think nothing has a right to exist unless it makes a profit."

I want to encourage y'all to take a look at the amazing -mostly stencil art by Bansky. If you click on photo at left it will get bigger. Click over to his site to see a lot more and check out his book Wall and Piece
aside from his use of profanity he is my urban art hero.

"The people who truly deface our neighborhoods are the companies that scrawl giant slogans across buildings and buses trying to make us feel inadequate unless we buy their stuff."

"All artists are prepared to suffer for their work, but why are so few prepared to learn to draw."

I couldn't say it better. check it out. Better yet- make art- public and private.

1 comment:

Evelyn S. said...

Here in NE Oregon, I see graffiti on train cars...wonderful colors and shapes. My two grown sons were fascinated by it, even purchasing books on the subject. One weekend, I spent an hour photographing the decorated cars sitting near our local lumber mill and made a fold-out album of my photos, entitled "Art on the Rails." In April my husband and I visited New York where our son lives; I photographed all kinds of wonderful 'art' on the walls, particularly in the neighborhood of Williamsburg, Brooklyn.