Monday, August 1, 2011

Change

The only thing constant in this world is change. and hopefully new art supplies.
I had to take my new to me car in to the dealer for a recall- a 1/2 hour repair and you have to leave it there for the day- and Michaels was in walking distance and I had two coupons! so I got this new EK double edge butterfly punch.
Pretty fun. It's a bit big for ATC's and the off color of this scan makes the bottom edge look even bigger. In real life it is a light peridot green with patina Stickles. I also got some more Liquid Pearls( on the tag) and some clear gesso. I remember reading on someones blog or one of the lists a great way to use clear gesso, and now I can't remember!. Leave me a comment if you have any ideas. It adds a lot of texture- I can tell you that.
This weeks Created Byhand Challenge theme is Peridot/Shades of Green.
I stamped the quote  Versafine black and thermal embossed clear.
I painted the card with Twinkling H2O's and stamped the butterflies with Bundled Sage Distress.
Added some Liquid pearls, Stardust pens, and the punched butterflies-made sitting in the Dealer Service Lounge-their glossy auto adds punch nicely.
Change it up! thanks for your comments and for reading and for entering your fabulous creations in the Challenge

3 comments:

Yogi said...

very pretty. Love the MS border at the bottom.

Art By Wanda said...

Very nice, Robyn!!! I love that stamp.. have used it many times!!!! But then, I like butterflies too!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty. I love the butterflies.