Monday, September 12, 2011

One Thing

When I was a young mother with three small children, I took my Mother's advice and did one thing for myself each day. Most days it was take a hot bath. When ever anyone doesn't feel well-mentally or physically- my first suggestions is -take a hot bath. I f you sit in it so long the water gets cold- be wasteful-let some out and fill it up again with more hot till you turn into a prune. Bubbles optional.
My BFF Chris sent me a huge birthday package full of vintage Inkadoo stamps from the early 80's.
More than words can say Chris- this card is for you. Thanks.
This weeks theme for Created Byhand Challenge is  Sapphire/shades of blue/Lace.
I created the background bubbles with an oldy and goody Fiscars plate.Touched up the high points with Distress broken china and sprayed with PPearls  Blue Smoke.
I bought Spellbinders Lacey Circles and  Lacey Squares also for my birthday- Shout out to Betty and Dick Ernst for their generous gift certificate-the croc in the tub is an old Inkadoo stamp-thermal embossed with Versafine sepia and clear powder.
The quote by Quitefire is from Sylvia Plath. Love the poetry- maybe she could have taken more baths! The stamp comes with her name- I cut them off-FYI. The die is Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio -thermal embossed. I colored with Distress broken china while the card is still in the die and added some gold, stardust pens and glaze pens. I love to color.
Now I draw every day too- kids grown I can do two things for myself!
Leave me a comment on what you do for yourself.
Thanks for looking, your comments and posting your entry in the challenge

4 comments:

Quietfire said...

Oh, this is simply adorable!!!! What a perfect combination!

Yogi said...

love your bathtub image. So cute. Nicely put together too.

Unknown said...

I agree with you, love my hot baths - such a creative card.
Danita

Art By Wanda said...

This is so cute!!! Love that bathtub image and it is so perfect with Suzanne's stamp.