Monday, February 11, 2013

Cyberscribes Sweetheart Exchange



Give and ye shall receive.
That's part of what I love about exchanges. How fun is it to get 10 valentines! All you have to do is make 10! Getting there is half the fun!
Each one is a bit different to keep it interesting for me.
















Starting with old file folders, I put ink and stain on the craft sheet, added some blobs of Perfect Pearls and dipped and dried the paper to make the background.
I stamped, using the new Have I Told You Lately set from Quietfire, using fabric ink on a vintage linen.
The lace border is glued on with fabric tac glue-stays soft when dry- and I stitched around the stamp in a heart shape.
 You can see the stiching here in the back


Part of this swap is the envies as well.
I had a lot of fun with them-I masked around a die cut heart using Distress Ink, Worn Lipstick.

Be sure to Hop over to Sherry's blog today and come back here February 13 for the Queen Of Hearts Blog Hop, and add your own creation to the Queen of Hearts Challenge on February 14!

Comments = Prizes folks ! so leave one!

Questions also welcomed.

6 comments:

june maffin said...

Lovely Valentines! Now I'm wishing I'd taken part. :-) Am wondering - whatever in the world is a "Distress Worn Lipstick"? Am guessing it's an old lipstick that's down to its very end but maybe not? Thanks for posting your delightful Valentines envies and cards on the FB Cyberscribes page for us all to admire (and pretend we actually received one!) ;-)

Robyn said...

June- distress Ink made by Ranger Ink.

Visit https://www.soulistry.com said...

Thanks Robyn. I'm going to have to save my $ and get a distress ink or two. Have no experience with them and haven't seen them used ... until now that I know of. I love the 'name' of this one. :-)

Thanks for posting the c/u - love the addition of the lace! :-)

Nan G said...

I love love love these valentines!

C. M. Taylor said...

I love that you do not mass produce your valentine cards! I do an exchange and I am amazed that each card is just like it came off the Hallmark press!? Go figure?
Thanks for sharing.

Quietfire said...

These are adorable Robyn!