Sunday, May 12, 2013

Michaels Arden meets Spellbinders!

Michaels, Arden rocks! and cuts, embosses and stencils!


I did my first Demo for the Spellbinders Action Team on Friday.
My mouth and hands were busy non stop for 2+ hours as I hooked busy Mother's Day shoppers and sales associates into engaging with me for a few minutes while I put the Grand Calibur through her paces.


Responses were overwhelmingly positive, and many folks left with a quick card for Mom, and lots of ideas for their own creative projects, and ways to use die cutting in their crafting.


The hit of the day was Terre's tissue paper flower.
Easey peasey.
You can take the tissue, just as it comes out of the pack, with at least 16 layers folded, cut out a shape with your GC- here I used Spellbinders Nestibilities Dahlia- in the Demo I used Lacy Circles.

Thread a pointed large eye needle with ribbon, twine, floss of your choice and sew through two holes about an inch apart and tie a knot and bow.

Next, crinkle up each layer individually


  Voila! instant Mom's Day gift.

You could mount these on picks or skewers, wrap with floral tape to make a bouquet, tie or glue onto a head band or barrette, mount them on cards or scrapbook layouts- the choice is yours- or your mom's!

A huge thank you to Manager Marsha and her entire crew, for making me, and everyone who walks in the door feel  welcome and I can tell you they all do their best to make sure you have a positive shopping experience and find everything you need to create beyond with your projects at home.

The Crew Sporting Terre's Tissue Flowers!
Our male bookends are the fab framing crew- Shoppers Alert- look for some die cut designs in matting in the framing dept.!

I'm looking forward to returning next month, and to meeting all East Asheviller's at Michaels River Hills Road Saturday May 25 1-3.

You can follow all of the Action Team at Spellbinders On the Road blog,

Comments and questions always welcomed.

No comments: