Monday, January 30, 2023

Beyond the Binding - Community Art show and Fundraiser- Open Heart Journal

Beyond the Binding
Community Show and Fundraising Auction
Benefit for Black Mountain Library and BMCA.

Reception Friday February 3 at BMCA 5:00-6:30pm
Show and Auction continues February 3- 24.
Please give generously!



I was going to pass on this 2nd in a becoming annual community art show and fundraiser, for lots of reasons.
You can see last years,"Check this Out!
Then I was in the library, and our wonderful head Librarian and I had a mutual admiration session, and I left with a book to participate.
Even before I got home I was filled with ideas.
Deconstructing involves, heat, moisture and patience.
This is what my work desk looked like!
Check out WOYWW
here

I wanted the journal to be used, and realized the books pages were too crumbly to be up cycled.
Four individual signatures were bound with a 3 hole stitched binding, incorporating 
watercolor paper, 
fine writing paper
110 lb card stock 
heavy weigh decorative paper
for multiple uses and media.


The signatures are bound into the cover with satin ribbons, so all are removable, and more could be added to replace them.


There are 2 ribbon bound interior pockets for whatever, and a pocket on the front and back cover 
with a tag added, just for fun.




and of course a book mark of hand dyed silk ribbon with glass leaf charm!
The front cover has embossed Hearts and hand lettered embossed title.
The elastic band keeps it closed as you stuff it to your hearts content!
Wrap the band on the back cover when not in use.
I'm including and envelope full of all the cut offs and bits and bobs I didn't use, for your enjoyment.

Please give generously!

If you are not the new owner of this journal, be sure to check out the 
Free Little Art Gallery
by the Community room at the Library.
I frequently leave small journals and ATC's for to you take, and be inspired to bring art to share of your own!
Comment and questions warmly welcomed.






 

No comments: