Wednesday, February 1, 2023

WOYWW-713-Community Art with Heart!

This is what my desk looked like while I was creating the journal for our 
Community Art Show and Fundraiser.
Please read about that
We were given a discarded book to create anything! to raise money in auction for our local library and art center.
You often hear me say it, and worth repeating.
Art Saves Lives
and
This is what peace looks like.
If you are in or visiting Western NC, USA, do come by and enjoy the art, and give generously.
And if you are elsewhere, please share this concept with your locals.

Last week I had the time to visit every desker!
There were some blogs I was unable to comment on, tho please know I enjoyed visiting and grateful for each one of your visits!
A couple of deskers asked about the vase last week- I honestly don't know where it came from! I find having flowers or a plant on the desk inspires me, and often gives me color combinations I didn't know I was looking for.
Comments and questions warmly welcomed.

13 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Couldn't resist popping over to see your book in more detail Robyn. It is wonderful. Hope lots of money is raised. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #?

Mary Anne said...

Oh those old Reader's Digest book are fab for gutting and using for arty journals. Not so great for reading! I mean why bother to read an abridged version, just to save an hour or two? You worked wonders and best of luck with the auction - lately, libraries need all the help they can get!
Happy WOYWW Early for a change!
Mary Anne (?)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think the auction sounds a great idea - art and books, doesn’t get much better than that! I enjoyed having a look at your desk today, in fact I zoomed in to have a proper nosey around, lol! I wish I was nearer so I could pop in to view everyone’s projects!
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the idea of raising funds with journals - something that most people could find a use for. Yours is lovely. Happy WOYWW. Angela #1

BJ said...

What a gorgeous journal, super idea for reusing the book. Hugs BJ#4

Helen said...

Love what you did with the book! Have a happy WOYWW Helen #6

Twiglet said...

The art show sounds brilliant - wish we could pop in for a good look round. Your journal is lovely. x x Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That sounds like a great idea with the books and fun to do too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x9x

Marit said...

Ooo, I love that paper with the phases of the moon (it is the moon isn't it?) I journal since 2009 and am always on the look for nice papers and pictures and such... love what I see on your desk! Have fun creating and thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. Have a great weekend, hug from Holland. Marit #15

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh Robyn, two great posts, your desk looks a dream of getting stuff done and used, and the book remodelled into a journal is a stunner, I expect it will be snapped up! I do admire how you came home with it and then got on with it. My parents had loads of these condensed zreaders Digest books, that made me smile too! You’re right about the effect of art. Specially yours!

Kyla said...

ooh lovely idea, popped over for a look and love the idea of including the offcuts for them to use too. A great idea.
thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla

Kelly said...

What a cool idea, Robyn! I'll read more about the project. Thanks for visiting me this week! Creative Blessings, Kelly #20

Tracy said...

Hellooo Robyn 🤗 I am looooving your desk tonight 💘 a happy desk it is 🤸‍♀️ I'm loving what you did with the book ... fabulous idea ... I popped over to see more 🤩 I do love using old books 😊 Thank you so much for stopping by mine last week, sending love and hugs Tracy xxxx