Thursday, September 5, 2013

Christmas Trio Challenge- AKA 9 Days of Christmas-The Back Story


Suzanne challenged her Design Team to create 3 cards with the new Christmas stamps- easy, a bit more and over the top.



You can see bigger photos and step outs at Quietfire Creations- as well as 8 more days of inspiration!
Leave a comment there too to win prizes!!!

This was my first effort.
I cut a shaped card from Spellbinders 2010 Holiday trees, stamped with Delicata GoldenGlitz, and added some metallic stars. Find the new Christmas stamps here.
My second card...

I cut the wreath shape with my Cameo from decorative paper, stamped on Spellbinders Splendid Circles, and backed the wreath with a cut from the Cameo and layered it on a glitter panel and onto a green card base.
See any transition? Neither do I! so I had to scrap these from the challenge.

Y'all know I am a clean and simple girl- card wise.
I managed to come up with the first two above fairly easily.
I almost never buy patterned paper, so I spend a wad at my LSS- A Stamp Artist Place-hoping to jump start something "over the top".

I have a big pile of rejects,
and some fab confetti!
That finally led me to the this
Shout out to Bird, for the inspiration of her digital scroll border.
which you can admire over at Quietfire Creations.
Comments and Questions always welcomed.

And remember to leave at comment at QC to win prizes!!!

4 comments:

Joni said...

Love the cards, and thanks for being brave enough to show the "rejects"! I often end up with a few along the way! The scroll frame on the last one is lovely - really sets the rest off!

Janice said...

I am in love with the gauze poinsettia do you have instructions somewhere for that?

Robyn said...

There is a bit more over at
http://quietfirecreations.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-9-days-of-christmas-day-4-robyn.html
I colored the gauze ribbon with the distress inks, and cut it with the dye, add some gold, layered it up and made a center out of polymer clay-femo?,stickler glitter.
hope that helps

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Great post Robyn.