Friday, January 24, 2014

Stencil Class

I struggle with stencils on paper.
I did a bunch of wall stenciling years ago, multi layers, cut my own, standing on ladders....
I recently sold my house and I guess the new folks will paint over them.

I'm taking this Stencil Class to learn something- and you have to play to win! so day 1 here is a quickie- 10 minutes, and I promise to keep up( fingers crossed behind my back)

It will be a birthday card for the Montreat PCUSA Women's Circle Birthday list.

Rubber stamp quote by Quietfire Design.
The frame is from the Happy Family Days set. The area was masked with a post-it note before inking

The stencil is one of those thin plastic ones I"m always afraid i am going to ruin by inking it.

Really simple, Distress Inks applied with the blending tool in a pouncing motion.

I spritzed it with Perfect Pearls Heirloom gold mist- mistake- Oh well. It looks dirty. I won't tell if you won't. I don't think Ann reads my blog!!

Tip #1- Don't be in a rush. Tape it down.

Comments and questions welcomed!


No comments: