Saturday, January 25, 2014

Stenciled Day 2- Hunter Gatherer

Resolute to buy nothing for this class, I had a great time, hunting and gathering from the four corners of my kingdom, all the stencils I have acquired and almost never used over the years.

The techniques presented are not new to me, and
****beginners mind*****
I'm following directions- in my own way- and enjoying using what I have to explore getting stenciled images on paper.

Left is watercolor using a stencil brush through a T!m Hotz stencil. Quote and bees by Quietfire Design. The paper is 140lb watercolor postcard.










This stencil is cut out of 95lb paper with punch all over the page punch.

The stenciling is done with colored pencil. I thought it needed some punch, so I outlined with glitter pens. The Quote is simply stamped with VersaFine Onyx and thermal embossed clear.


















I really like this one.
First I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark and thermal embossed in white.
After taping down the mug stencil, I stamped the stars through the stencil, then colorized with Distress inks using daubers.

A fab by-product of the class is building up a stash of cards!

Comments and Questions welcomed!

No comments: