As the mood strikes us, we have a Rolodex Mingle in the Byhand Artist Group, shepherded by Suzanne Cannon of Quietfire Design.
Begin with a theme and a call to entry and your mailbox gets happy!
"...In the bleak midwinter..."
Amazing works of he(art) byhand by all!
This is mine.
- Quietfire Design - Silhouette Digital Rolodex cards and winter tabs
- Quietfire Design rubber Stamp- Warm Winter Wishes
- Sizzix Embossing Folder
- White embossing powder
- Ranger Distress Ink- stormy sky
- VersaMark Ink
- VersaMagic Chalk Ink -Cloud White
- Ranger- sticky emboss powder
- Ranger Stickles Dry Glitter- clear rock candy
- Patterned paper
- Neenah Classic Crest Card Stock - Solar White 80 lb
- Cut one plain card from the solar white and one patterned paper with the snowflake.
- Stamp the sentiment with VersaMark ink and thermal emboss white.
- Randomly emboss your card using a mallet or your die cut/embossing machine
- Color the card with the stormy sky ink,avoiding the raised areas, dry well.
- Highlight the raised areas with the white chalk ink.
- Apply sticky embossing powder, and with the glitter close at hand, heat the powder till it melts and quickly apply the glitter and press it in with your fingers, or a pressing paper.
- Glue the patterned paper to the back of the card and apply glitter to the snowflake.
Once all the cards arrive I swap them out and send them out and wait for the joyful
"they're here!" emails to arrive!
Beth made one for a friend who lost her husband. We do that here. Join us and sign up for our RAK list.
Sometimes it hard to send your cards out into the world!
Comments and questions always welcomed.