Monday, May 16, 2011

Just Do It

Another quicky. Honestly this ATC took less than half an hour, not counting stressing about getting it done.
This weeks theme at Created Byhand Challenge is Emerald/Glitter.
I stamped the background with Distress shabby shutters and stamped the quote with perfect medium and thermal embossed with Ranger green embossing glitter. the glitter is a bit big for the detail of this line art and I think it looks ok here.
The Goddess and wings were an after thought and i doodled a bit with Stardust pens.
I hope I gave my children both.
Sometimes I feel a failure for not creating a perfect world for them to move into; at least a kind world.
My daughter has said I allowed them to create the inner landscape. I see the fruits of each of their own unique creativity and that helps to get me through the scary times.
Demonstrations in Chile, wildfire season, uncertain job security and all this crazy world throws at them.
Blessings to all our children. The best we can do for them is to be kind to ourselves.
Create without Limits!
Post your own entry and please leave a comment.
Thanks

3 comments:

Yogi said...

nice

beverly said...

I believe you are a very good mother. an earth mother, the best kind. I loved doing clay and other creative stuff with you guys, not enough but is there ever ...enough?
I am proud of my kids, they have roots and wings and I think that they will find what I couldn't provide in other places along the way.
Lovely card, lovely sentement.
beverly

Cynthia Schelzig said...

One of my favorite quotes used on a lovely green background.