Wednesday, September 10, 2014

WOYWW September 10-Sometimes It's cheaper to Pay More



Excuses for not producing creativity :
  • I've been at the Fair(please visit here).
  • It's raining a lot.
  • Full Moon.
  • iPhone6????
  • Fill in your own....(leave it in the comments!)
It's not as if I need new inspiration...here is rubber I haven't even gotten to yet!
The cuts in the upper photo are the newest from Suzanne Cannon's Silhouette Store and they are beauties!
I was being cheap,    Scotch, and to make samples used lighter (65lb) paper and even tho it cut perfectly, the fines are so fine the paper couldn't hold the shape.
Hence the title.
***Word to the wise***
In digital cutting DO NOT skimp on paper quality, even if it is just a dummy or sample.


The brill Kay over at Clever Someday is sharing how to make a print file with the Cameo to fit in your embossing folders.
This one is right from the printer.
 This one is colored.
Give Miss Kay a visit and tell her I sent you!
It's not as if I haven't done anything( please visit here to prove it!)- just nothing I can show for today.
And now I will creatively hop off to visit as many deskers as I can!
Going out for a birthday diner with DD to be continued next week on T stands for Tuesday.

I'm still trying to drive traffic   sharing to my Poetry Journal Monthly posts.
Please join yourselves, and if you know of a good list to post it on please leave a comment.

Comment and questions always welcomed.

19 comments:

Belinda Basson said...

Yip, a good life lesson learned! It is well worth the time and effort to use the good stuff. Love the card. #17

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah great work, Robyn do love the first flower card .. dont have a cutting machine but can appreciate them! happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x #13

jill said...

Love the cards Robyn . happy woyww Jill #17

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I adore that butterfly and flower card!! So simple and elegant - that's the one I'd buy in a shop. Gorgeous!!
Hugs, LLJ 30 xx

Chrysalis said...

Oh, I love that card! And the cut out lettering at the top is beautiful I'd love to have a go at that. Happy WOYWW, Chris # 34

sandra de said...

Pretty card and the die cuts lettering is gorgeous. I know what you mean about taking shortcuts and using paper that isn't quite right.
Sandra de @26

glitterandglue said...

A beautiful card there, Robyn. Lovely wording and squirly bits, too, ready for you to make things with. Yes, I, too, have found that you can't get away with using too light a paper when doing complex shapes. Enjoy the dinner!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Hazel said...

Beautiful card and interesting workspace. Hope you have a great day and a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #45 x

Faye said...

Gorgeous card, Robyn.

Anonymous said...

love the print and emboss! Happy woyww! Lindsay #65

Anonymous said...

Hi Robyn! Lots of cool things on your desk! I am in love with that Argyle butterfly!
Hugs
Gabriele 33

Anne said...

Lovely cards. Lost count of number of times I gone for a cheaper option only to remind myself later the you get what you pay for!!! Happy WOYWW Anne x #32

sandysewin said...

So true, Robyn, you have to count into the cost your time, energy and the aggravation factor. That often makes using better quality supplies well worth it. :-)

Love that colored card, so pretty.

Thanks for the visit to my blog earlier!

Happy creating and happy woyww,

Sandy #23

trisha too said...

Well you know mine--I've been working on the house . . . did finish the bathroom floor today, yay!

The cards are lovely, and you are so right about not skimping on the paper quality.

Thank you for stopping by this woyww!
:)trisha
#72 this week

Diana Taylor said...

Beautiful cards, and I love the new cuts you did, they are very elegant. Thanks for stopping by my desk and I hope you have a great week,
Diana #42

Anonymous said...

I do love fine cuts and cut text is perhaps my most favourite thing of all. I think I need to hop around and follow a few links. I like the idea of prints to fit folders. {sigh} this is why WOYWW day takes me a week ....
:)

Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (2)

Anonymous said...

- Was out with the kids
Hmm I probably would still use cheap paper (and go gradually to the more expensive paper untill there's a reasonable result for my testcuts)! I don't own a silhouette.. maybe if I would, I'd not say this. And I agree with Mary Anne above, lots of inspiration and points where you can derail from visiting WOYWW-ers.. It does take a while to visit even a quarter of the deskers!
Happy WOYWW,
Debbie / Daqa #25

Julia Dunnit said...

Aha, I'm saved a little bit of wondering of course because I don't have a silhouette. Yet. Meanwhile look at all your new rubber..swoon! I'm working in the Joinery a lot now, and plan to cut me some nce wooden mounts for my QF stocks...far too good to lob in a drawer!

Anonymous said...

Your card are really lovely, as are the beautiful die cuts. I've so far resisted the siren call of the electronic cutters, but can appreciate the gorgeousness from afar. :-) Thanks for visiting and happy WOYWW, belatedly. ~ Laura #62