Friday, January 1, 2010

felting with Leslie


I had the great pleasure of spending a joyful, creative Tuesday last week, 3D wet felting with Leslie Owens- co-founding member of Fiber Action Cooperative.
I arrived with 2 towels and lunch and left with finished pair of corridale wool slippers for my daughter.
Leslie's studio is comfortable and she has a great selection of colors and embellishments to choose from.
I have wet felted before and Leslie's teaching technique and style both simplified and sophisticated the process and i was thrilled with the result.
Leslie demoed a 3D box for the coasters the group made the day before and another participant made a slip case for one of her hand crafted books so we all learned from each others discovers and mistakes.
Lunch was enjoyed on Leslie's sun filled porch.
Vitamin D, great conversation and fiber.
Who could ask for more?
Check out Leslie's upcoming classes at her web page-Nice Threads- link in the sidebar

http://web.mac.com/leslieowens

1 comment:

Ruby's Girl said...

Robyn I love the slippers! I have only made little balls with wet felting and so know these are amazing! Sounds like a fun day that is for sure and I am jealous ! Love your blog and will keep checking back.
Judy