Monday, June 30, 2014

15 Minute Wonders and Who's Counting?

The most FAQ is
"How long did it take you to make that?"
My flip answer is

"On a good day, just the right amount of time, on a bad day a little longer."

Design time not included,
the first two new digital cards from Quietfire Design,
can  be constructed in 15 minutes.

straight from the Silhouette Store it looks like this.

Ungrouped, you are ready to cut out your layers.
I find it quicker and easier to cut most pieces individually.

This Dream was sketched in silver before cutting and I decided I liked the plain better, and the timer was ticking!
I ended up adding a black layer behind the white Dream, to add some definition and dimension. 
Once your pieces are cut, I used all 80lb good quality paper, it's just a matter of glue and placement.
***DING***

was made from my scrap box.
I love how it highlights Suzannes's calligraphy .
Even slightly off balance it looks great- embrace imperfection!

The file on the Mat
Ungrouped
I didn't add or subtract a thing! Just cut and glued.
***DING***

The next two cards "took a little longer" and it was still a good day.
I enjoyed a pleasant afternoon messing about with paper and ink and design and a fine beverage.
(here you may want to hop over to T is for Tuesday)

makes me smile!

On the Mat
Ungrouped, more than once.

I added a small offset layer to the Smile to mat and define it and give it a bit more weight as part of it would not be glued to the card.
Glitter brads are holding the flowers together and they are stuck to the card with a 3D Dotz.

Side view

My Grandmother often said, Thank you is always the right thing to say.
And you can't have too many Thank you cards.
Originally I thought this would be a 15 minute wonder, and I just couldn't stop when the timer went off!
Much fun was had by me finding paper scraps to cut and assemble.

On the Mat
Ungrouped
The "Thanks" panel is popped up with fun foam aka pop dots.
The card base, the label base and the "Thanks" are painted with gold acrylic paint, as I couldn't find just the right scraps and I have lots of white.

Once you own these files, you can always use the parts as you wish in any design.

A by product of the Amazing card is the lettering left on the mat.
I used them to make an edgy birthday card for my edgy niece !
Happy Birthday Plain and Simple is an invaluable new rubber set of 7 stamps than now comes cling mount!

Suzanne recently crowned me the digital cutting queen, quipping that I make use of virtually every file she makes.
Shingles and summer have slowed me down a bit, and I'm a few behind, so come back often to see if I can catch up while Suzanne is out playing in the Rockies!

Comment and Questions always welcome!

2 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Robyn,

These cards are great! I must say, when I do make cards I dig in..... hoping the layout that I come up with is pleasing.
Thanks for sharing.

Happy belated WOYWW
Kay (60)

Allie Gower said...

Great cards! Thanks for sharing with us at I LOVE MY SILHOUETTE. :)